[Freedom-misc] Investing with Free Software

mason at masonhock.com mason at masonhock.com
Wed Jun 10 09:54:39 CEST 2020

 > The original meaning of bourgeoisie is one who lives in a town

But that's not how the word has been used in this discussion, so this is
irrelevant trivia.

 > Also every time you put your money in a bank you are contributing to
investments

This is also not what we are discussing.  GNUser specified from the
beginning: "By this I mean, how do you buy/sell stocks, or invest in Bitcoin,
or do Forex Trading, while running only Free Software?", and nadebula.1984
responded in those terms, with a comment not about people who passively
"contribute to investments" but who actively "make investments".

 > Based on your comment

Your facetious conclusion was not based on nadebula.1984's comment.  It was
based on an imaginary comment that they did not make, one which uses
"bourgeoisie" in a different sense and replaces "make investments" with
"contribute to investments".  I don't really want to debate whether
nadebula.1984's comment was right or wrong, but using wordplay to create an
strawman, and then from that strawman drawing an absurd conclusion, does not
show that nadebula.1984's original comment was absurd.