[Freedom-misc] Anybody got their Eoma68?

mason at masonhock.com mason at masonhock.com
Thu Jan 17 21:15:03 CET 2019

I understand that Luke is trying to navigate a system intended for a
large-scale corporate supply chain, while attempting something that to my
knowledge has never been done before, so obstacles are not unexpected. I
don't understand these obstacles well enough to determine the extent to which
these delays have been due to mistakes on Luke's end, as opposed to
challenges that anyone would run into if they attempted the same task.

I'm also reluctant to back the RISC-V project until we see how the current
project pans out. At the same time, I think that what Luke is doing is very
important, so I want to support him unless someone else steps up and starts
doing it better. Do you think there are things Luke has handled poorly that
someone else could have handled differently to avoid these delays?