[Freedom-misc] My Job MAY Require Me to Use Nonfree Software...HELP !!!!!

csh at bluehome.net csh at bluehome.net
Tue Jan 15 04:07:56 CET 2019

Considering that your job primarily has nothing to do with a computer, and
that computer use will no doubt be minimal, I'd say any incidental operation
of propretary software on their time will be understandable.

Your phone doesn't need Android.  My phone doesn't have an operating system.
It gets plugged into the wall and works even during this snow storm we have
in the Midwest right now.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:AT%26T_push_button_telephone_western_electric_model_2500_dmg_black.jpg

If you must use Word:

- Do it on their computer only.
- Do it on their time only.
- Do no more than what they say you must do.

It's their computer.  You have no rights on it, even if it were running
Trisquel with LibreOffice.

If you must use Gmail:

- Do it on their computer only.
- Do it on their time only.
- Do no more than what they say you must do.

If you must use Gmail away from the job site:

- Use Gmail through IceDove/Thunderbird.