[Freedom-misc] Chromium blacklists nouveau

mason at masonhock.com mason at masonhock.com
Sun Jan 6 04:26:20 CET 2019

 > So I guess that statement means software freedom is not even in the first
two things?

Apparently not, unfortunately, but it's unsurprising that there is not a
culture of freedom around the testing bed for a proprietary browser.
Contributing to permissively licensed software is not unethical, but with
Chromium directly upstream from Chrome, every contribution to Chromium is
effectively a contribution to Chrome, so I'd expect it to diproportionately
attract developers who are ethically comfortable with propietary software.