[Freedom-misc] do you know the necunos.com phone?

wrappy.trial258 at startmail.com wrappy.trial258 at startmail.com
Fri Sep 28 22:48:10 CEST 2018

Interesting. If I'm getting this right, they will build their own operating
system on Kernel version 4.14

Quote: "We are using Linux as our kernel and our goal is to have mainline
always running on our device. We have concentrated on the LTS 4.14 version.
In our own system we have used components from known embedded and phone
projects. ‘Our’ operating system will be opensource, it did come from the
community and we want to give back to the community. More about our operating
system will follow with official announcements."

So it sounds like it will be an independent OS (like Sailfish) rather than an
Android knock-off (like Replicant).