[Freedom-misc] do you know about turning armbian free software?

svhaab at gmail.com svhaab at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 19:55:50 CEST 2018

On armbian's forum I asked if armbian is free software and
if not is it known how to turn armbian free software? I
got the answer armbian is not free software. And
free software is not something armbian focuses
on.
I was also told I should run command line apt purge iozone3 armbian-firmware
and then armbian may become free software. I do not
know how to search for non free software. I connected an usb
wifi card I know requires non free software and it worked. Then
I ran command line apt purge iozone3 armbian-firmware. After
turning the computer off and on, the usb wifi card stopped
working. Maybe the command turns armbian free
software.
Do you know about this? Thank you.