[Freedom-misc] Don't Kill Our Community

strypey at disintermedia.net.nz strypey at disintermedia.net.nz
Mon Sep 17 11:06:20 CEST 2018

Hack and hack:
 > "I'm thinking of listing all the projects I care for the most, allocate
like 1$ per month and see if the total is affordable."

Cool. Here's another way to think about it. $1 a month is $12 a year. If you
give that amount to a different project on your list every week, you can
contribute to 52 projects a year. I'm guessing one yearly donation of $12
would be simpler for their accounting and record-keeping than 12 donations of
$1, and also simpler for you to just do one manual donation a week than
setting up multiple automated payments.

I've had thoughts along these lines too (weekly donations to different
projects). Would be easier if I could find a regular income though (anyone
know of any 'community manager' or 'project coordinator' or 'software
research' jobs that could be done remotely from China?).