[Freedom-misc] I think the Raptor machines run Trisquel

svhaab at gmail.com svhaab at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 21:00:34 CEST 2018

 > Nobody said that.

On another post it was claimed debian main holds software
which you may not use, share, modify and redistribute.

 > That would not satisfy the FSDG.

You are right. It has been investigated that deriving
from ubuntu is more clever than from debian?
Sound strange. I would think getting the required software
from debian would be the most efficient solution?

 > FSF should spend effort on that.

I did not say fsf should. But if the fsf has the numbers
then there is no reason not to give them to me.

 > https://www.fsf.org/about/financial

I cannot find any pieces of information about trisquel. That
does not say fsf has no expenses regarding trisquel.

 > Care to give examples of Trisquel reverting changes that Ubuntu introduces?

I do not know. If it is documented somewhere then I do not know
where to search for it. Isn't the non free firmware and
software in ubuntu which depends on non free software?

 > That looks reasonable.

No. Asking people to use and support free software and hardware
which can run on free software only also if it is
inconvenient and then refusing to spend 2000usd on getting
a talos computer and have it tested such that interested
people can inform themselves is a wrong decision.

 > answer to your first question is 0.

Who covers the expenses for hosting trisquel? Who covers the expenses
regarding the trisquel forum? If it is fsf then your answer is not correct.

 > pay quidam

I have heard fsf has set an amount of time he can
spend on trisquel.

 > I would love if it did.

If trisquel have few users and fsf cannot spend 2000usd
on a computer and because other systems are available
then no.