[Freedom-misc] Testing voice calling apps on Trisquel

mcz at ruggedinbox.com mcz at ruggedinbox.com
Thu Sep 13 21:12:36 CEST 2018

Ah, so Ring isn't solid enough yet?
Is it easy to setup for someone with very little coputing skills ?

I can talk about Jitsi, though it's been a while I used it.
The setup is as far from easy/straightforward as it can be.
Once I figured out what xmpp was, I had to create accounts.
For some reason, they failed to work.
I eventually found more reliable xmpp providers, and yet, there's always a
little something to fix before using it.
Even on non GNU/Linux OS.

The experience goes from perfect to unuseable, even with the same devices.

Still, I used it to connect on a remote computer to fix something there. And
for conversations of course. Great experience when it works.

But the people you communicate with better be extremely patient.