[Freedom-misc] Don't Kill Our Community

strypey at disintermedia.net.nz strypey at disintermedia.net.nz
Wed Sep 12 10:26:44 CEST 2018

I certainly support people building commercial businesses around free code
software,  despite the significant risks and difficulties involved in doing
so, which is why I'm always defending Puri.sm against the naysayers here. But
when someone pays for a product or service, they are a customer, so they are
maybe more likely to take the "passive consumerism" attitude the blog piece
linked in the OP is complaining about. The more successful businesses based
around free code, the more it will be necessary to remind people about all
the other ways of giving back (starting with thanks and compliments to the
developers).