[Freedom-misc] ridiculous open source blog

jonnymoon96 at gmail.com jonnymoon96 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 17:58:10 CEST 2018

there is a blog about credit karma and basically saying how great they are
but their apps are proprietary software and then they talk about being the
open organization but this is somehow related to open source but their apps
are spyware yet the opensource website is promoting them this is not a joke
not to mention google play does a horrable job at filtering spyware from
thier store whereas on fdroid there is no spyware not to mention credit karma
is unnecessary as the credit reporting agencies are required to give you a
free credit report every year

https://www.ftc.gov/faq/consumer-protection/get-my-free-credit-report

https://opensource.com/open-organization/18/8/credit-karma-core-values
https://www.creditkarma.com/about/partners

Credit Karma shows personalized offers based on consumer credit profiles.
These offers are from partners and advertisers who share our vision of
consumer empowerment. The premise of our service is to provide value to both
consumers and advertisers equally by using advertising revenue to subsidize
the cost of credit scores, and then matching offers to users appropriately
based on their credit profile.

If you are interested in working with us, please contact us at
info at creditkarma.com.