[Freedom-misc] Invidio.us - youtube redirect site, AGPLv3, no JS required

mason at masonhock.com mason at masonhock.com
Wed Sep 12 00:24:29 CEST 2018

Tor Browser doesn't disable JavaScript in about:config at any security
settings level. It uses NoScript, and changing Tor Browser's security
settings updates NoScript's settings accordingly. I don't think it would be
wise to mess with NoScript manually in Tor Browser.

Invidious does not work in Tor Browser if security settings are setting to
'safer' or 'safest'. It does work if security settings are set to 'standard',
but I do not recommend doing this for two reasons.

(1) Among other problems, 'standard' allows most or all JavaScript. The only
reason 'standard' is the default is that so that users who are new to Tor
Browser don't immediately think that the browser is broken before they
understand the importance of blocking things like JavaScript. You're much
better off with the 'safest' settings.

(2) Watching videos via Tor slows down the network for others, so I wouldn't
do so unless there's a particular reason you require that level of anonymity
for the video you're watching.