[Freedom-misc] Government malware (e.g. FinFisher) - what's the situation in various countries?

wrappy.trial258 at startmail.com wrappy.trial258 at startmail.com
Thu Oct 4 22:44:10 CEST 2018

 > lenovo has already implemented malicious firmware that only targets windows
(but doesnt have to stop there.)

Preinstalled in Windows by Lenovo? Or are you talking about BIOS/UEFI?

I definitely agree on the importance of free hardware and that more people
should be working on it, but I think one point is that public perception has
to be improved for that.

I remember conversations with friends, relatives and co-workers who had never
heard about topics like free (as in freedom) software before.