[Freedom-misc] OpenStreetMap online services alternate to nonfree Google My Maps?

xliang9550 at live.cn xliang9550 at live.cn
Wed Oct 3 06:00:54 CEST 2018

I'm using "OsmAnd+" from F-droid on phone. There are certain "anti-features"
listed in F-droid. Desktop version should be better. Just be sure to
periodically download offline map packages.

I once registered a Google account when I was outside China, but immediately
annulled it. Because I still couldn't install Google Play apps on my Chinese
version phone. I was invariably forcibly redirected to the Chinese apps
store.

I then revoked my Google account (only lived for ten minutes or so) and
subsequently trashed everything came with my phone including the Chinese apps
store.