[Freedom-misc] Free software office suites smaller than LibreOffice?

xliang9550 at live.cn xliang9550 at live.cn
Wed Oct 3 05:46:34 CEST 2018

The problem is that very few people use KDE, especially those using legacy
hardware. Light-weight desktop environments like LXDE, LXQt, Xfce, MATE or
Cinnamon are much more popular.

When I run the command:
# apt install calligra
I have to download hundreds of packages, mostly KDE and Qt dependencies. If
one has enough hardware resources to run the rather heavy-weight KDE, s/he
has more than enough to run LibreOffice.

However, to be more objective, I can try to setup a minimalist GNU/Linux
distribution installation and see which is more "bloated"...