[Freedom-misc] Simple Trisquel Alternative for AMD

figosdev at users.sourceforge.net figosdev at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 22 08:00:09 CEST 2018

i had no idea that the amd gpu would do so poorly with trisquel. i
dual-booted debian on an amd once (i didnt enable non-free repos) and i was
very impressed at how useless it was. but i assumed it was specific to that
model.

"how do i remove this?" my friend wanted to know. how i got debian onto the
laptop of someone with a windows phone-- it took some doing.

i eventually stopped researching the viability of installing and instead just
boot live (and buy cheap machines, and take my chances, and try to meet
people who will let me try to boot live before i buy. which has worked well.)
but these days it is necessary to revisit the "which hardware?" question, as
i am quickly learning on this forum. not that i like intel or anything. i
disliked them long before i got here. i used to hope amd would be different,
but theyve never proven to be.