[Freedom-misc] Simple Trisquel Alternative for AMD

xliang9550 at live.cn xliang9550 at live.cn
Sun Oct 21 15:27:27 CEST 2018

I always suggest that victims of awkwardly designed hardware should try to
sell their computers. Yet very few if any users are willing to replace their
current computers with the ones that respect users' freedom. They tend to try
to install non-free firmware instead.

I recently sold one Skylake ultrabook to grey market. The reason is that its
video card, sound card and wireless adapter require non-free firmware to
function. And because of Boot Guard, I can't possibly replace the firmware in
order to unlock the WLAN adapter restriction. Luckily, I still received 60%
of its original price.