[Freedom-misc] Does this mean Librem 15 can be Librebooted?

figosdev at users.sourceforge.net figosdev at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 21 01:44:27 CEST 2018

sort of an arbitrary place to reply to this, but somewhat relevant.

i asked support for an update, they said:

"Browse through our news blog for a timeline and check the page here:
https://puri.sm/coreboot.

In short: we disabled and neutralized the Intel ME, coreboot contains Intel
FSP (memory initialization) and video binaries."

so there is the official response from puri.sm if youre curious. to be
honest, i can understand the scepticism though at the same time, i find all
of this pretty interesting. if i had the kind of money that afforded me a
lemote back when, id consider a librem.

thats mostly hypothetical, i spent less than $120 for my most recent laptop
purchase. its nice if we gain a reasonable option for new hardware as well as
the existing (older) solutions we have. the email from rms didnt explicitly
defend them, though i felt it was implied, its possible i read too much into
it.