[Freedom-misc] Simple Trisquel Alternative for AMD

andyprough at gmail.com andyprough at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 00:44:26 CEST 2018

You can install nearly any major distro, restrict it to only free software
sources, and then compile your own libre kernels. It's basically the same as
what supertramp is doing with Debian, although he probably gets access to a
pre-compiled libre kernel. I did that with openSUSE Tumbleweed recently, I
left instructions on the main forum, search "opensuse" if you are interested.
But you could easily do the same with Debian or Ubuntu or whatnot. Might be
worth a try. I'll bet libre-Debian or libre-buntu or libre-Suse might give
you some different experiences with the AMD chip.