[Freedom-misc] Is the OpenBSD kernel free software?

jason at bluehome.net jason at bluehome.net
Sat Oct 6 04:36:20 CEST 2018

"My project and Linux-libre are both GNU projects"

It is? https://www.gnu.org/software/software.html has the official list of
packages which are part of the GNU Project in the section "All GNU packages."
Where is yours?

"so less likely to be a confusion"

I still think there is a likelihood of confusion. The same with using the
Blag name.

"Blag is also a dead GNU project"

What? BLAG was never a GNU package. Perhaps you have a misunderstanding of
what it means to be a GNU package. It doesn't mean that you use one of the
licenses but it actually becomes part of the GNU Project. See "What it means
for a program to be a GNU package" on
https://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.en.html so if it really is a GNU package
we'll find it on https://www.gnu.org/software/software.html and I can assure
you that BLAG was never there.

BLAG is on https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html but that's only a
list of recommended distributions of GNU. They are not themselves the actual
GNU Project; else they'd be included in the list of packages I pointed to.