[Freedom-misc] [Idea] Allow the user to decide the usage profile for Abrowser

mario.i.ruvalcaba at gmail.com mario.i.ruvalcaba at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 06:02:23 CEST 2018

Nice day community!

Well, before I start, let me do a little context.

Currently in some distributions (like Fedora) Firefox is offered as two
different packages, the one included by default (the application obtained
upstream) and the second one that is available in its official repositories
and offers native support for Wayland.

With the above in mind, I think that an aspect that some of us would
appreciate would be the possibility of having two versions of Abrowser at our
disposal. The first could be to offer a vanilla Abrowser (without security or
privacy settings), same that comes enabled by default when installing
Trisquel and as a second option to offer a hardener Abrowser available to the
user within the repositories of the distribution (with current settings that
suggest protecting the user from security and privacy issues).

I know there is a remote possibility that this proposal is not possible but
as far as I'm concerned, I think it could be very well received by those of
us who have problems with this browser so we don't have to look for
alternatives to it.

What do you think?

Best regards.