[Freedom-misc] SMS enabled Gnu Social Instance

intheforest at autistici.org intheforest at autistici.org
Tue Jul 31 22:15:10 CEST 2018

Indeed. Someone managed to steal my mom's money by subscribing her (without
any notification) to one of the telecom provider's programs. Maybe that was
done with 'the help' of malicious JS code, then it shows what the lack of
modem isolation is like. Anyway, SMSs are dangerous. In my country they have
to be kept on surveillance servers for years. Of course, government says that
they save us from terrorists. The same is done with phone calls. I wish I
could help my mom understand why freedom is important and didn't have to use
a mobile phone.

Here it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarovaya_law

It is an absurd. They make communication services to reveal encryption keys.
This sounds stupid.