[Freedom-misc] ar9271 firmware-ath9k-htc getting new packages?

svhaab at gmail.com svhaab at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 08:15:17 CEST 2018

In order to get an ar9271 usb wifi card to work on debian 9 64bit I have to
install a package
called
firmware-ath9k-htc

Last time I installed the package it was version firmware-ath9k-htc
(1.4.0-81-gf206e56+dfsg-2).
Now the version is firmware-ath9k-htc (1.4.0-97-g75b3e59+dfsg-1).
You download from
https://packages.debian.org/sid/firmware-ath9k-htc

I was unaware that the package gets updates. Can I install the newest version
without
uninstalling the already installed version of the package?

Does the newest version still require to edit
/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf
such that it says
[device]
wifi.scan-rand-mac-address=no