[Freedom-misc] Single Board Computers - current recommendations

svhaab at gmail.com svhaab at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 07:31:46 CEST 2018

I cannot tell you recommendations about certain mainboards because I have not
tested them.
If I recall correctly lkcl from eoma highlights rk3288 and rk3399.

They supposedly have good performance and can run on libre software. If you
want certain
graphics functions to work you have to install non free software.

You may also look at armbian's website.
https://www.armbian.com/download/
On the forum I was told armbian software is not about libre software.
Regarding
armbian nothing has been done to identify and remove non libre software. I
was
told most of the displayed mainboards can start and run on libre software.

I was also told if after installing armbian you run
apt purge iozone3 armbian-firmware
maybe you get a libre software system.