[Freedom-misc] Choosing between a D16 workstation and Talos II lite

svhaab at gmail.com svhaab at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 07:04:12 CEST 2018

 > different levels of freedom for hardware

Do you think a 60% libre software computer is better than a 30% computer? The
percentage
is worthless if the surveillance software is in the non libre part of the
software.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Management_Engine
The intel cpu's me can be disabled. Nsa asked to be able to disable the intel
me. Maybe
there are no other means in the non libre intel cpu software to take over the
intel
cpu if that was the only request fram nsa. But we do not know what the non
libre
software part contains.