[Freedom-misc] ClamAV updates its database over unencrypted connection

wrappy.trial258 at startmail.com wrappy.trial258 at startmail.com
Tue Jul 17 21:07:43 CEST 2018

 > Do you know about the pgp encryption system? Public and private keys?

I have basic knowledge about it

 > If clamav's public keys got on the computer is a secure manner, it is not
important if later clamav data transfers are https encrypted.

So if I download ClamAV over apt, is ClamAV's key then already included and
later used to verify their database updates? If yes, I understand that a
plain http connection isn't problematic.

But is this the case or do I have to import their key separately?