[Freedom-misc] Choosing between a D16 workstation and Talos II lite

jason at bluehome.net jason at bluehome.net
Sat Jul 14 22:29:51 CEST 2018

"I have not told people to refrain from writing why they dislike debian."

Pocket is part of the reason. And yet when they do you say:

 > No, that is unacceptable. You are not allowed unchallenged to call a piece
of software
 > non free if it is free.
 > You are not allowed to make your own definitions.

The add-on itself is free. The server software it needs is not. Those pieces
are true.
The only difference seems to be the conclusion drawn from them. Some don't
like Pocket and don't want to use it because of the non-free server
component, since the add-on cannot be used without it. Perhaps it's something
you're okay with but we're not discussing your positions on the matter. You
were asking others for theirs, and then object over answers saying that
they're wrong. It seems there is no room for other viewpoints. Now you may
disagree with other people's viewpoints and think that they're wrong but that
doesn't mean they're not entitled to have them.

And this is not the first time you have expressed your disapproval of what
others say. I recall you addressed one to me in particular which really hurt
me, and resulted in me staying off these forums for a while.

"may I ask you a few questions about talos computers?"

I am almost afraid to say yes, given your statements of absolutes and if I
should say something that you don't agree with or have a different viewpoint.
Especially given your rejection of the positions held by others. So I think
it's probably safest to just say "no"; if you want to have a conversation of
Talos feel free to start a thread on that. Maybe I'll join; maybe not. But
the position that there is only one valid viewpoint has caused me to lose
interest in this conversation.