[Freedom-misc] Choosing between a D16 workstation and Talos II lite

jason at bluehome.net jason at bluehome.net
Sun Jul 8 03:17:54 CEST 2018

"You say the pocket software is non libre software. That would contravene
debian main's own rules."
Not really; the Debian Project seems to only look at what they themselves
ship and handwave away other such problems like non-free add-ons in the
browser or non-free services that it might lead someone to use, etc.

I imagine that the Debian Project would probably say something like "The
Pocket add-on is under a DFSG-compliant license. We don't ship the Pocket
server software that the add-on talks to and so there is no issue with us
providing Pocket."

That's one difference between the Debian DFSG and the FSF's FSDG. Different
criteria sometimes result in different outcomes.