[Freedom-misc] Linux-libre on POWER

jason at bluehome.net jason at bluehome.net
Fri Jul 6 03:51:08 CEST 2018

I've updated my APT repository for Linux-libre;
https://jxself.org/linux-libre to include support for IBM Power CPUs (POWER8
and above);
like those machines from Raptor Engineering:
https://www.raptorcs.com/TALOSII/

They have the Talo II Lite motherboard for pre-order, which is "only" $1,100.
That's almost affordable. Of course you also need to factor in the cost of a
CPU (the cheapest is the 4-core version for $375) as well as a case (it's a
big board so you need something to support EATX), as well as a power supply,
RAM, and etc.)

The Parabola people have support for this CPU architecture in progress:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2018-06/msg00017.html

Now if Trisquel can get support for something (anything) that's not x86
happening we'll be on our way.

It's time to start evacuating the Titanic: https://jxself.org/titanic.shtml