[Freedom-misc] Choosing between a D16 workstation and Talos II lite

calmstorm at posteo.de calmstorm at posteo.de
Mon Jul 2 03:31:35 CEST 2018

You have some good points, I cannot address them all right now, but, here are
two things,

Libreboot faq mentioned ec firmware being non-free for most libreboot devices

Yes, it seems you may be right, it is slower than libreboot devices
currently, with or without 2gb of ram.

My priorities are different then yours and probably theirs,

PS, I should add that I hijacked this thread, rather foolishly I might add.

Although, when it comes to how free they are, this one thing, the libreboot
devices are less free then eoma68, other than that, you are correct.

Here, https://libreboot.org/faq.html#ec-embedded-controller-firmware

That link gives you the answer to your question.

Debian is non-free IF, it has the non-free repo/contrib repo, and if pocket
is enabled on debian by default within firefox. That's about it.