[Freedom-misc] TITLE OF FORUM TOPIC: FEATURES OF THIS FORUM

mason at masonhock.com mason at masonhock.com
Fri Jul 27 20:15:07 CEST 2018

 > the topic didn't seem locked nor nobody had answered yet.

You also cannot edit OP's, only comments.

 > do those columns help in locating in which of the previous post are the
following posts nested?

To me they are quite clear. Think of them as clarifying the level of
indentation. In the past, the Trisquel forum simply used indentation like
many forums. However, the indents were very large, so as threads grew we'd
quickly run out of horizontal space. Now the indents are very small, which
saves horizontal space but would make them harder to notice without the grey
circles. To see which post a comment is referring to, follow the adjacent
grey column up to the post.