[Freedom-misc] Thoughts about the "Pokemon Showdown" website and Pokemon in general

Caleb Herbert csh at bluehome.net
Fri Jul 27 17:57:10 CEST 2018

Sounds awesome.  I see no license notices in the JS files linked in the
source.  Could someone patch it to have license headers, or even comply
with LibreJS?

Also, the Credits link at the bottom of the page says nothing about the
copyright of the JS.

Nothing on the site mentions that the JS is copyrighted and free.

What the site COULD say is this:

<code>
Initializing... FAILED

Pokémon Showdown requires JavaScript.  Don't worry, it's AGPL! [link to
web labels or source repo]
</code>

I know the source says "we're open source" but that doesn't reassure me
enough.