[Announcements] Only 4 weeks til OpenEd Jam!

Mariah Noelle Villarreal mariah at openedjam.org
Tue Jun 24 23:02:56 CEST 2014

Howdy!

Thanks so much for signing up for the OpenEd Jam - Announcements mailing
list. We only have four weeks til the event and we have some exciting
updates!

I just wanted to send a quick email out to let everyone know that
registration is open for the 3-day conference as well as for the Turtle
Art Day. Also, we have received a donation of gas cards for teachers
traveling from out of town.

Conference registration:

If you plan to attend and haven't registered yet, please do so. We are
needing to give estimates for catering and such.

Registration for the conference is $75 ($25 for students). It includes
all of the awesome programming we have in store as well as a light
breakfast and lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
Registration: www.openedjam.org/registration

Turtle Art Day:

If you have kids ages 8-12, sign them up for Turtle Art Day! It's a free
event for kids to learn the basics of the graphical programming
language. One of the keynote speakers, Walter Bender, will be
facilitating the session on Turtle Art.

Turtle Art is a graphical programming language designed to allow kids to
explore geometry and programming by creating art. No previous
programming experience required.

To register your kids for Turtle Art Day, go to:
www.turtleartdaybyopenedjam.eventbrite.com

$25 Gas cards for teachers

A generous donor has given the OpenEd Jam team a number of $25 gas cards
specifically for teachers coming to the event from out of town. If you
are a teacher traveling from out of town and have a .edu email address,
email mariah at openedjam.org for more information! Please do not respond
to this email address directly.

Have you engaged with us on social media?

Tweet at us: @OpenEdJam
Post a comment on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/OpenEdJam

We will have more information about the livestreams, social events, and
more in the coming weeks! Keep at look out. I look forward to seeing
yall at the event.

- Mariah Noelle
Director
mariah at openedjam.org