[Trisquel-devel] Trisquel 7.0 RC iso images ready

Rubén Rodríguez Pérez ruben at trisquel.info
Sat Oct 25 16:36:56 CEST 2014

> The images will become the final 7.0 release if no big problems are
> found in them.

And what a big one we caught!

In what initially was reported as "Firefox downloads a free software
binary codec on its own", we found that actually Mozilla added a
backdoor for installing anything they want in the user profile.

https://trisquel.info/es/issues/12588 :
"This is done using https://wiki.mozilla.org/GeckoMediaPlugins which as
far as I can tell allows Mozilla to install any binary into the browser,
through a dedicated system of updates. They describe it as "a special
purpose extension point for authorised 3rd party codecs and EME
(Encrypted Media Extensions) CDMs (Content Decryption Modules)", which
is nothing more than a series of euphemisms for DRM and other malware."

This has been disabled in abrowser_33.0+build2-0ubuntu0.14.04.1
+7.0trisquel32 and abrowser_33.0+build2-0ubuntu0.12.04.1+6.0.1trisquel32

A new set of iso images has been generated to apply this change.